Sunday, December 23, 2012

Family Gratitude

This last weekend I celebrated Christmas with my family, and want to be sure to remember my gratitude towards them during all this chaos and disarray. I am grateful for recitals, for ballet dancers and tiny reindeer. I am grateful for blowing spit bubbles, I am grateful for chocolate, to eat and to bribe with. I am grateful for presents, for both giving and getting. I am grateful for cuddles from little tiny people, for hugs from the big kids, for love from the family. I am grateful for joking in the kitchen, and racing in on lightrail, for singing along to recital music, and being able to steal sweaters. Ultimately, I am grateful, day in and day out, for the light and airy feelings that buoy me through; these are my real Christmas gifts from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment